Potential Benefits of CBD in Treating Cancer
Cancer isn’t always a death sentence – pharmaceutical science and oncology discoveries have proven this true. One of the recent studies is about CBD hemp flower as a treatment for cancer. The progress recorded is encouraging, although it is still being researched and tested. Here we explore the benefits of a CBD cancer treatment when it finally becomes popular and widely used. Read it below.
CBD as a Treatment for Cancer – What We Know
Several reviews and studies have documented certain prospective qualities of CBD in the fight against cancer.
For example, a study revealed that Cannabidiol, the most active ingredient in CBD, can help slow down tumour cells’ growth. These tests, however, were carried out in the laboratory with sample cancer cells and in an animal.
Also, varying other studies reported that:
- CBD oils can help to enhance the absorption of other drugs used in cancer treatment
- CBD oils can prevent cancer cells from multiplying
- CBD oils may contribute to cancer cells’ death and inhibit tumours, hence, their anti-tumour abilities.
- CBD oils can also help manage the effects of regular cancer chemotherapy by reducing pain and inflammation. It’s also been discovered that it can enhance the patient’s appetite. CBD oils have also been linked as a powerful solution to reduce anxiety in different types of cancer patients and help them sleep better.
More research is being conducted to perfect these discoveries and ascertain them in human models.
The Potential Benefits of Using CBD in Treating Cancer
When these discoveries listed above eventually become a standard, the benefits will be endless, and here’s how:
● More funds will be invested into research and development
It takes millions of dollars in research to formulate the drugs used to treat cancer. If CBD oils become approved, these funds can be diverted to make quality CBD oils readily available for purchase.
● Cheaper cancer treatment for all
The cost of drugs, chemotherapy and radiation in treating cancer is a big burden on some patients. If CBD oils become a standardized cancer treatment medicine, more cancer patients would be able to afford them.
● CBD is much more renewable
CBD oils are plant-based products. The plant source -Cannabis sativa, still has a shaky legal standing in many places. Nevertheless, if CBD oils become widely accepted as a cancer treatment, that would change. Hence, more growers can legally cultivate the plant and make the supply chain somewhat sustainable.
CBD as a cancer treatment is one of the most revolutionary discoveries in medicine. It’s changing the narratives of modern medicine in unimaginable ways.
This discovery is also giving hope to cancer patients all over the world.
Several clinical trials are ongoing to scientifically conclude CBD’s potential in treating cancer in humans. If you are a cancer patient and want to give it a try, speak to your doctor about it.
Although the discoveries so far haven’t involved any human patient in the trials, there is no crime in being the first.