Why Is It Good for CBD Business to Focus on Cancer Charity?
CBD industries are gradually gaining worldwide acceptance because of their many medicinal benefits. However, some people are still reluctant to try d8 gummies because of their association with prohibited drugs. Thus, although it is legal, the public perception is still negative.
How to change the public’s perception about CBD
Because of the stigma associated with the cannabis plant, CBD, which is a compound found in this plant, also receives a negative perception. That is why CBD manufacturers and sellers started considering ways to positively promote CBD and CBD-infused products.
One of the ways to create a positive impression is by serving the community by organizing environmental activities and launching projects for the marginalized. Some other examples of projects that can promote CBD are mental health advocacy programs, women’s health campaigns, pro-marginalized initiatives, and animal care activities such as free animal grooming, etc.
Why is it good for CBD companies to focus on cancer charities?
Despite the attention paid to CBD, a negative public perception of it persists. That is why it is good for CBD product manufacturers and companies to focus on charitable activities to change the public’s perception. It is the reason why more and more CBD industries are engaging in charitable works to create a good image, not only for the company but for CBD. Here are some examples of CBD companies that are involved in charitable works.
- Zero in on nutrition. Their philanthropic causes include feeding children, supporting breast cancer patients, and many other community outreach programs.
- Eliximal. They support their customers’ charity work initiatives.
- Alive & Kicking. Known to manufacture high-quality CBD products, they donate 2% of their profits to the advocacy of Asian-American rights and help eliminate racial discrimination and inequality.
- Gossamer. While Alive & Kicking supports Asian-American rights, Gossamer, on the other hand, is a staunch supporter of Black communities. They are known for helping underrepresented Black communities by donating 5% of their profits to fund various organizations.
- Pot Network. They help poor children in the Philippines.
- Cookies. one of the largest in the CBD business, worked for the expungement of those convicted of marijuana-related offenses. They also provide free training and education to those who are interested in joining the CBD industry.
- Justice Joints. a California-based CBD brand. They help non-violent cannabis offenders who are incarcerated be released and rehabilitated.
- Weed for Good. It is a non-profit organization based in San Francisco, CA. They provide free medical cannabis to poor patients who are suffering from terminal and chronic illnesses.
These are just a few of the CBD companies that have chosen cancer charity as the focus of their corporate social responsibility. According to some studies, consumers prefer companies that are involved in charitable endeavors.
On the marketing side, cancer charity drives are an effective strategy to gain market value. In the case of CBD, it is even more important for companies with a line of CBD products to invest in cancer charities. This way, people will recognize the CBD brand, and somehow it will create a positive image of CBD.